Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Procrastination

On Friday, I was reading in Ecclesiastes and I found this verse: "He that observeth the wind shall no sow; and he that regardeth the clouds shall not reap." I had to read over this verse a couple of time because it kind of caught me off guard. I thought: I this saying what I think it is? I read this verse over and over. After doing a little bit of research, I confirmed what I thought. This verse is talking about procrastination. Sometimes we know we need to do something, but we don't really want to do it so we use the excuse of "Its not the right time." Or, "I have something more important to do." I do this ALL the time.
http://www.theprospect.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/procrastination.png
Sometimes my life feels like this^when procrastinate about something I know I should do. Especially when it comes to my relationship with God. I know should spend a little more time in prayer and put a little more effort into studying the Bible, but I just don't want to right now. If I keep putting it off and putting it off, it will eventually start to look like this^.

Lately, though, I have been better about not procrastinating. I am spending more and more time in God's Word and talking to Him instead of reading a book or watching videos on the internet. Do you have something that has needed to be done for a long time, but you don't want to do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment