Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Trusting God

 http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51cQ7FzKrnL._SY300_.jpgOne of the hardest things for me as a Christian is trusting God. Because of my past (I will talk about soon), I find it very hard to trust anyone, especially God. Everyday, I have to remind myself that God is worthy of my trust, He is not like people from my past, He is a faithful God.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding in all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

I read this verse everyday to remind me to put my future in God's hands. We can't have a relationship with God and not trust Him 100%, it doesn't work. Take your best friend for example. You go everywhere with her (or him) and do everything she/he does. You ride in her/his car and tell her/him all your big secrets that no one else knows. Could you have done this without trust? If you didn't trust that your best friend was a good driver would you have let her/him drive you? No, you wouldn't. You let her/him drive you because you trusted that she/he knew how to drive, right? Trust is the key word, here. In your relationship with God, He is that best friend you hang with all the time, the one that drives you everywhere. If you don't trust that God knows how to drive, how are you going to get from one place to another? We have to trust God to take us where He wants us to go, to transport us from one place to another. We have to trust that He knows where He is taking us and precisely how to get there. I know, this is really hard, especially when your trust has been crumbled again and again. But I have found that it is worth the risk. God has NEVER let me down. Even when I think He has walked away, I find He is right there, waiting for me to acknowledge Him. I know how hard trust is to repair, its almost impossible, but if you trust Him, He will never break your trust. I know this from experience. So take a leap of faith and trust God. You will be amazed at how your life will change. It may not be easy and it may take time, but it is definitely worth every moment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment