Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Peculiar People


In case you don't know this yet, I'm Pentecostal. I am that girl that you can pick out in a crowd, the one who has the knee-length hair and the jean skirt. I'm sure you've seen them in Walmart or at the fair. Yep, that's me, the skirtgirl. As you probably already guessed, I get A LOT of comments about the way I dress and sometimes even get made fun of. But I still wear that long hair and jean skirt. Here's a little bit of why I dress that way. There is more to come on this topic, but here is the very basis of why I dress the way I do.

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of Him who hath called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. 1 Peter 2:9

The Bible says that Christians are a peculiar people. Peculiar.... this means we are not normal, average or common. Peculiar: belonging solely or especially to one individual... special, unusual, rare, and strange. We are chosen to be peculiar, we are not meant to stand out or be "normal". We are a royal and holy nation. Why are we to be peculiar?? Why can't we just be like the world? It would be easy to just follow along with the others. Christians are to show the praises of God because He brought you out of darkness into His light... that is why we have to be different. We have to show the world what God has done for us!

So that is why I dress the way I do. As I mentioned before, there is more to come about this. 
Even if you aren't a skirtgirl.. you can still show the world what God has done for you! Just because you aren't Pentecostal doesn't mean you can't share the Gospel with the whole world!! Be a peculiar person in everything you say and do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment