Wednesday, May 1, 2013

What is God's Will??






What is God's will for my life?  This has been my number one question lately. What does He want me to do? Where is He leading me? I have many passions and hobbies, things I hate, things I love. One of them is teaching. I love to teach, always have. Naturally, for many years, I wanted to be a teacher. I knew what I wanted to do, how to get there and how long it would take me. I had it all figured out. Until Holiday Youth Convention. In case you don't know what that is, I'll tell you. It's an Apostolic convention that usually happens right after Christmas. The youth get together, have classes, rallies and, most of all, have amazing youth services. Anyways, this is when it all changed for me. The preacher had been talking about being called to a certain ministry. When the alter call came and I began to pray, it was like God was saying "You are not to be a teacher, that is not my will for you, not my plan." I had never considered this was not God's will for me. So for several months I prayed, trying to figure out what God had planned for me. Then a deaf ministry came to our church. That Sunday is when I knew. ASL and the Deaf Culture may not be God's long term plan for me, but for now, I know this is what He wants me to do. There is a plan and a purpose for everything. And then I realized something. The deaf have NO ONE. There are VERY few interpreters out there for the deaf. So if I become an interpreter then I will be shining my light. As you probably already know, that is my number one goal- being a light in this present darkness. That is how I will shine my light, that is how I will bring hope to this world.



If you're out there, wondering what God's will is for your life, trying to find a purpose or just trying to find a way to serve God. Remember- our job is to be the light in this world. My light is doing this blog and ASL. What is yours? How will you be the light today? It doesn't have to be a permanent job or a huge commitment. It can be a simple act or word of kindness. Again I ask, how will you be the light in this present darkness?  

No comments:

Post a Comment