Monday, May 27, 2013

Summer...



https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjYnhOxnIFgzxhSrXNysl0StPPZZGMeE3xJE1udeM-4rfGlgdzWGJibvVuAsHsWXh_KOzoJU6nBv93ZwgUB5CtWNHKwKqFrGETCXnUC5PYCgwGUdWCpvrPt97XQ3VCLYmR-B02-2z8Tbt0F/s640/summer-goals.jpegNow that school is officially out, I have been working on some things that I have been needing to do for a long time. Getting this blog redesigned, finishing the first draft of my WIP,  and working on ASL. Remember
 I mentioned that I want to be an ASL interpreter? Well, I have been studying ASL, the deaf culture and the life of an interpreter in general. I am finding it is very fascinating and complicated. The deaf culture is so different than the hearing culture. All of us hearing people take hearing for granted, but none of us really think about what it would be like to NOT hear. It is completely fascinating to me. Things that would be considered weird or rude in the hearing culture would be considered polite and normal in the deaf world. I could go on and on about the differences and how special and unique the deaf culture is. Becoming somewhat fluent in ASL is my one of my main goals this summer. What are some of your goals this summer? What would you like to accomplish?

1 comment:

  1. That is very interesting, I hope you get to complete your goal!! :)

    ReplyDelete