Monday, May 13, 2013

Beauty

I know I didn't post last week and I'm sorry about that. It seems like the last two weeks of school are the busiest with all the studying and trying to get your grades up a few extra points. After all, every point counts. So that is why I didn't post last week. Hopefully this week and next week will be a little slower for me.

As for beauty....

What is beauty? Beauty can be defined many different ways. One thing my mom always tells me is "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." That is so true. Some people like blue eyes, some people like brown eyes, and others like green eyes. One person thinks blonde hair is the most beautiful while others think its red. Or maybe brown or black. Everybody has their own idea of what beauty should look like. As I said before, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So if God is the beholder, what does He think of beauty? How does He define it? Is it blonde hair and green eyes? Is it brown hair blue eyes? Or is it just plain brown hair and brown eyes? Actually, it is none of these. God doesn't care what color your hair is or your eyes. In 1 Peter 3:3-4 it says, "Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of GREAT worth in God's sight." Beauty should not come from the outside, but from the inside. God treasures someone who is beautiful on the inside and He doesn't care what they look like on the outside. 



If you serve the Lord and your heart is as white as snow before Him, your beauty and worth is above all other. That's where true beauty comes from. So when you look in the mirror, ask yourself, "I am I serving God? Is my heart right with Him?" If you can truthfully answer yes to these questions, then You are as beautiful as can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment