Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Home School Tips and Ideas

I now have all my school supplies in and my school area set up for the year, so I decided to share it with you. Now, I have been doing  K12, an online home school for almost 2 years. I am going to my Sophomore year, so this set up may not work for everyone, but I have found it works very well for me.

Here is my desk and general set up. 

The bulletin comes in handy when it comes to notes, due dates and schedules. Its nice to have a printer near by so I can print out notes and such.

My daily schedule.
This is my daily schedule. I don't always follow this, but it kind of gives me an outline of my day and makes me feel more organized. If you are new to homeschooling, one thing I would say is always, always have a schedule set for the day. Even if you don't always follow it, try to have at least a to-do list, that way you aren't going into the day aimlessly.

My Calendar
A daily calendar or planner helps me keep up with all my due dates and projects. I use lots of abbreviations and then use an orange highlighter when I complete that assignment and then a different color one if it is late or excused.                                                                                                                                                
That's pretty much it. I have a notebook for each subject for notes and then have folder on my computer for each subject. The key to home schooling in organization and dedication. I have been home schooled for 8 years, so this has pretty much been my life. I hope you enjoyed my little tutorial of my school area and schedule.




1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up with The Great Blog Train!

    Laura @ Mice in The Kitchen
    http://www.miceinthekitchen.com/

    ReplyDelete